what to expect
My services start with a F R E E informal consultation where we discuss what your goals are for your pregnancy and birth & what your expectations are of your doula. I totally understand that each and every parent (and their family) need something different for their births- instead of picking a preset package, we can discuss how to personalize your experience to be exactly what feels good to you.
The next step is going to be scheduling in another prenatal appointment to work on birth planning & desires, chat about how you can feel constantly supported, and answer any questions you may have!
Starting at 37 weeks, I am going to be on call for you 24 hours a day by phone and text.
Once labor begins for you, I will be with you non-stop until baby comes earth side + a few hours after birth to assist with any of your postpartum needs, breastfeeding, and anything else that I can!
Lastly will be an in home visit within a few weeks of birth (or discharge from the hospital). I will be there to check-in you and the new munchkin, as well as help with anything else you might need!
Here's what you'll be receiving as a base line- not including anything else we chat about during our meetings:
• 1-2 prenatal planning appointments
• Continuous support during pregnancy
• 24 hour on-call phone and text support starting 37 weeks until the birth of your baby
• Immediate postpartum support following the birth of your baby
• 1 in home postpartum visit in the first few weeks
• Access to a library of birth-centered books
• Breastfeeding information and education